From goat suede baby booties to cow leather gear, Oliberté is supporting workers’ rights in sub-Saharan Africa while being the world’s first Fair Trade Certified™ footwear manufacturing factory!
It is so hard to find fair trade shoes, but look no more! Today I feature Oliberté’s Manilo, the rustic brown pullup. Made from premium leather upper, 100% goat leather lining, and natural wedge outsole, this made in Ethiopia, Fair Trade Certified™ shoes makes you walk in comfort with rugged handcrafted style!
Besides these shoes, why fall in love with this brand?
- Oliberté passed rigorous inspections and over 255 compliance standards to be the world’s first Fair Trade Certified™ footwear manufacturing factory!
By investing back into the economy that supplies them, Oliberté voluntarily meets higher standards of transparency, accountability, and performance making them a B Certified Corporation.
- Oliberté owns their factory, which ensures their full time workers have total control in regards to quality and manufacturing, as well as over their work benefits and environment.
- The factory has over 70 employees, 60% of them are women.
- Every single pair of Oliberté shoes are made in their factory in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
They have Oliberté ambassadors, like the creators of UPLIFT or two-time Olympian Sifiso Nhlapo, that further the passion for Africa and its people!
One percent of their proceeds go to nonprofits dedicated to sustainability and the environment, such as the African Wildlife Foundation™.
- They have all-natural waterproofing wax, using organic African ingredients and made in Canada to ensure their lifetime warrantied products are kept in beautiful condition!
There are so many more reasons to buy Oliberté, so get to clicking on these sustainably chic must haves!
Sign up to receive notifications on new posts.
Every effort is made to verify the accuracy of these external resources; however, Diana Mao and Nomi Network cannot guarantee or control the content, usefulness, or appropriateness of these sites or that their products are 100% slave free.